Our Future Scribes Depend on Your Support
Whether in workshops at local schools, after-school at Lighthouse, or meeting one-on-one with a writing mentor, young people all over the metro area are finding their voices and developing their skills as writers in the Young Writers Program.
Nearly all of the workshops and projects that will engage 1,700 students this year are free to attend, and for the sessions that do have tuition, such as summer writing camp, financial aid is available for any student who needs it.
We want all young people who want to write to be able to do so and for them to be nurtured by the best instructors and mentors available.
This only happens with the support of generous donors like you.
- Creative writing workshops at over two dozen schools.
- One-on-one mentoring for at-risk youth in residential treatment centers.
- Weekly Young Authors Collective for talented high-schoolers.
- After-school workshops for middle-schoolers in every genre imaginable.
- Summer writing camps for 10 to 18 year olds.
The Young Writers Program is supported in part by: